Monday, April 18, 2011

Exciting News!!

The last few weeks we have been having lots of fun.  I definitely have things that I want to blog about.  However, I have been super busy getting ready to start MY NEW JOB!  Yes, you read that right...momma got a J.O.B!

A few weeks ago, Susan called from Arise for Children and offered me a position!  To say that I was excited is an understatement.  Although I wasn't planning on going back to teaching for another year, there was no way I could pass this up!  I have been praying for an opportunity like this for a while.  WOW!  I can't believe I actually get to go to work and do something that I am passionate about. 

So, needless to say I have been crazy busy finding a preschool for the kiddos.  I FINALLY found one that I trust with Avery's allergies.  And, boy, have I been pumping up preschool!  Gracie has been great about talking it up too.  ;)  To my surprise, Avery actually has been excited about it.  She was really happy this morning and couldn't wait to get there.  BUT, once we got there that all changed!  HA!  Dawit cracked me up.  He walked in and I got his things situated.  I kissed him and told him goodbye and he smiled and said, "Bye!"  to all his teachers.  He was blowing them kisses and everything.  He thought WE were leaving...not just me.  :)  He did fuss...for all of 30 seconds and then he was off and playing.  Avery had a tough few minutes and really didn't want me to leave her.  But, NO tears!  So that was good.  I was the only one who cried!  Both kiddos were very happy to see me this afternoon.  Hopefully tomorrow morning will go smoothly.
Here are my big kids this morning before their first day of preschool!



 Gracie was doing something to make them crack up...I couldn't get a decent picture because they were laughing so hard!



My first day went great. I feel like I have to learn a lot. The process and requirements have changed a lot since we went through it. I am eager to learn and really get started though.

 I am so excited and thankful to be working with all our families and to be working for such a great agency!!

3 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY your first day went great!! Happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! I am so excited for you...are you going to be too busy to hang with me next month now? Maybe you can take me on a tour of "your" office when I come???
    I still haven't booked my flight, but it is on my agenda for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some big news! So happy to hear that your first day went well. I assume that this is an adoption agency you are working for or no?

    ReplyDelete